Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dead Duck

I never thought that this evening would turn out the way it did.

I haven't hung out with my friend Jessica Johnson for a while and she randomly texted me to ask what I was doing. I was at the movies at the time but I texted her back later and we decided to go get some ice cream.
It was after 9pm when I went to pick her up.
On our way to the ice cream shop we stopped at a stop sign to turn onto 8th north in Provo (which is right next to the duck pond). As we pulled to a stop we saw 3 ducks trying to cross the road and they looked a little confused. I mean if you had a bunch of lights shining in your eyes, wouldn't you be confused? :) As a car drove down the street they saw the ducks and stopped and drove around them. Sadly, the car right behind the first car didn't see the ducks until it was too late and ran over all 3 of them :(
One of the birds looked fine and another was slightly injured and they ran off to the side of the road. However, the third duck was too hurt and we watched it die. I'm not really a save the wildlife kind of a person but I wanted to still do something about it being in the middle of the road.
First I called my sister because she's an animal lover. She told me not to touch it and to use a plastic bag if I was going to touch it. (I think she said this because I told her I wanted to eat it since it had already died... don't judge me) :) I just want people to experience what I experienced in Taiwan :)
I then decided to call my friend Joseph Scoville because he has good advice on what to do. In all actuality I think I wanted to call a guy because I was hoping that they would tell me that it was okay to eat it and then help me cook it haha. However, Joseph told me the exact same thing that my sister did. Oh well, I guess its better to not risk the chance of getting a disease.
All in all, Jessica and I ended up hanging out with Joseph for the rest of the night and never went on got ice cream.
RIP DUCK

2 comments:

  1. I'm a lil disturbed that you wanted to eat roadki//.GROSSSSSSS. Go back to Taiwan!!jk. Come back to California ;)

    Good thing you listen to ppl around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay first of all, you amuse me =) Secondly, that's so sad!! Thirdly, DUCK TASTES SO GOOD and I wish I could have some again! Haha but it was probably for the best that they told you no. Fourthly, love the picture. =)

    ReplyDelete