Our group with the ICU nurses
Warning: Mom, do not read this next part. :)
So the main form of transportation in Taiwan is the moped. The nurses came to get us to go to the night market on their mopeds, and of course we couldn't offend our host country, so we rode with them to the market. I loved it!! I think I would buy one for myself :) Just kidding mom! The nurses pulled out a helmet and put all of their keys in it and then we each chose a set of keys in order to pick who we would ride with.
Christina and Rainy on the mopeds
Let me just say that mopeds are the way to go... you can maneuver a lot easier and you get around town a lot faster... however, then I think about all of the patients that I have already seen that have brain injuries due to the moped accidents here in Taiwan.I had to kind of psych myself up for this outing so that I could be ready to eat whatever the nurses asked us to try. And I have to say that I am pretty proud of myself... I did pretty good. Here are some of the things that I ate:
Pig blood
Duck tongue- I accidentally ate the bone too. But I liked this one
Chicken Crown (like the red thing on top of the chicken or roosters head) - it was pure cartilage, but seasoned well. I actually liked this one as well :)
Smoked Squid
Squid balls (i believe it is just ground up squid which is then fried)
Stinky Tofu- which I didn't like... the smell is still in my nose!
Katelyn face while eating tofu
Fresh fruit at the market
Traditional Chinese Dessert- Fruit stuff inside of Taro (looks like wax) I didn't like these very much
Some of the nurses from the ICU- the one on the right was wild :)
The night market
I had such a great time! and am so excited that I was able to eat so many weird things and not have the urge to vomit :) I think the next crazy food that I will need to eat is Chicken feet!




















You are much braver than I am when it comes to food...
ReplyDelete